You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Recipe Step by Step
- Melt two thirds of the total quantity of GUANAJA 70% (400g) chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Increase the temperature to 120-130°F (50-55°C). Once this temperature has been reached, add the remaining third of the chocolate.
- Start mixing by hand, then using an immersion blender. Be careful not to incorporate any air bubbles.
- Check that the temperature of the chocolate has reached 88-90°F (31-32°C). The chocolate is now tempered. Make sure you keep the chocolate at this temperature while you work with it. If you need to, use a hairdryer to reheat its surface.
- Immediately pour the tempered chocolate into 2 half-sphere molds. Leave to set at room temperature for 2 hours. Turn out each half-sphere, then stick them together using the bottom of a heated saucepan.
- Heat up the end of a 10mm plain round nozzle using a hair dryer then pierce the chocolate spheres one by one in order to fill them. Set them aside to fill them with praliné or coconut ganache later.
50g Toasted grated coconut
- Melt the GUANAJA 70% chocolate at 120°F (50°C), then mix into the praliné. Leave the mixture to cool at 80°F (27°C) using a bain-marie filled with cold water while stirring with a spatula. Regularly check the temperature using a thermometer.
- Add the grated coconut to the mixture.
- Immediately pipe the coconut praliné into the hollow balls and insert a lollipop stick before it sets.
COCONUT GANACHE (recipe containing alcohol)
70g Coconut pulp
40g Grated coconut
35g Acacia honey
30g Coconut Malibu®
- Heat the coconut purée with the honey.
- Gradually combine the hot mixture with the melted IVOIRE 35% chocolate.
- Stir vigorously using a spatula to complete the emulsion. Maintain this texture throughout the mixing process.
- Mix using an immersion blender, then add the grated coconut. As soon as the ganache reaches around 95°F (35°C), add the coconut Malibu®.
- Once the temperature goes back down to 81-82°F (27-28°C), immediately pipe into the hollow balls and insert a lollipop stick before it sets.
Assembly and finishing
200g Grated coconut
- Temper 200g of GUANAJA 70% chocolate by seeding (use the same technique as molding the hollow balls) and coat the praliné- or ganache-filled balls, holding them by the lollipop sticks.
- Cover the whole surface with grated coconut before the chocolate sets.