You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Recipe Step by Step
Plant-Based Cake Batter
30g chia seeds
200g coconut cream (17% fat)
350g all-purpose flour
15g baking powder
110g refined coconut oil
Combine the sugar, ground chia seeds, water, coconut cream, and salt.
Whisk to mix.
Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
Add the melted coconut oil at 150°F (65°C) and beat lightly.
Lightly coat the molds with coconut oil, line with parchment paper trimmed to the size of the molds.
Weigh out 250g of cake mixture into each mold.
Leave in the refrigerator, preferably overnight.
Whipped Amatika Hazelnut Praliné
1100gHAZELNUT 60% PRALINÉ
370g AMATIKA 46% COUVERTURE
Temper at 75°F (24°C). Leave to set on a tray.
Use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment to whip the mixture, but make sure the temperature does not rise above 75-80°F (25-26°C).
Amatika Cake Glaze
910g AMATIKA 46% COUVERTURE
91g grape seed oil
Add the grape seed oil and mix.
Use at 85-105°F (30-40°C).
Chocolate Rice Clusters
250g wild black rice
250g AMATIKA 46% COVERTURE (tempered)
Once cooled, cover the rice in tempered AMATIKA 46% couverture.
Chefs Note: You can use puffed rice, millet, quinoa, or any other already puffed grain.
Vanilla Dark Brown Sugar Syrup
140g brown sugar
2g NOROHY VANILLA
Place in the refrigerator.
Assembly and finishing
• Make the Whipped Amatika Hazelnut Praliné and the Chocolate Rice Clusters. Set aside on a baking sheet.
• Make the Vanilla Dark Brown Sugar Syrup.
• Bake the Plant-Based Cake Batter at 310°F (155°C) for about 30 minutes.
• As soon as you have taken the Cakes out of the oven, pour a little Syrup over the top of each one. Freeze.
• Using a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle, pipe about 60g of Whipped Amatika Hazelnut Praliné along the middle of each cake.
• Place pieces of Chocolate Rice Clusters on the Whipped Praliné.
• Freeze the Cakes, then glaze with Amatika Cake Glaze. Top Cakes with a chocolate décor piece.