RASPBERRY INSPIRATION Décor Techniques
1. Start with a guitar sheet or Valrhona Signature transfer sheet, and cut it evenly into strips.
2. Temper your favorite chocolate or couverture.
3. Carefully dip the strips into the tempered chocolate.
4. Lay the strips over cylinders or on a wire rack to create your desired shape.
5. Leave the strips to crystallize completely before gently peeling off the sheets.
1. Start by spreading your melted white chocolate directly on a marble or granite countertop, using a large pastry comb to create stripes. For this step, the chocolate doesn't have to be tempered.
2. Use a spatula to spoon RASPBERRY INSPIRATION over the white chocolate at the end closest to you.
3. Spread the RASPBERRY INSPIRATION in a thin layer over the white chocolate using an offset spatula. Let it almost crystallize. It should be soft, but not too soft to roll.
4. Starting at the end farthest from you, use a bench scraper to roll sections, about 1-2 inches wide. You can roll larger sections depending on how thick you'd like the cigarettes to be.
5. Allow the cigarettes to crystallize before gently placing them on your dessert.
1. Cut an acetate strip to your desired width and length, and lay it directly on your countertop.
2. Using a small piping bag, drizzle tempered RASPBERRY INSPIRATION (or your preferred chocolate) over the acetate in an spiral pattern. You can be creative with the design, but make sure to pipe enough so the cage will be sturdy.
3. Gently peel the strip off the counter and place it in a mold of your choice. Allow the RASPBERRY INSPIRATION to fully crystallize
4. Remove the finished cage and place it on top of your dessert.
5. Fill the cage with piped cream, fruit, nuts, or other décor pieces. The possibilities are endless!
1. Fill a large container with ice water. Make sure to use plenty of ice to keep your chocolate from sinking.
2. Working quickly, use a small piping bag to drizzle tempered RASPBERRY INSPIRATION (or your preferred chocolate) over the ice in an abstract pattern. You can create any design, shape or size you like!
3. Let the pieces crystallize in the ice bath for a few seconds before carefully removing them and placing them on a rack to dry.
4. Optional: brush the décor pieces with luster dust for extra flair!
5. Once dry, place the décor pieces on top of your dessert.
1. Lay a strip of acetate on your counter.
2. Spread a thin layer of tempered RASPBERRY INSPIRATION (or your preferred chocolate) over the acetate strip.
3. Drag a large pastry comb across the tempered chocolate to create stripes.
4. Gently lift the acetate strip, wrap it in a spiral, and place it in a tuile tray to harden.
5. Gently peel off the acetate when you're ready to decorate your dessert.
1. Lay Valrhona Signature GUANAJA 70% chocolate rounds on a sheet of parchment.
2. Using a piping bag with a small opening, pipe tempered RASPBERRY INSPIRATION (or your preferred chocolate) over the chocolate rounds in various patterns.
3. Allow the piped couverture to crystallize before lifting the rounds off the parchment and placing them on your dessert.
1. Lay a strip of acetate or a guitar sheet directly on your countertop.
2. Spread a thin layer of tempered RASPBERRY INSPIRATION over the plastic using an offset spatula.
3. Carefully peel the strip off the counter and fold into your desired shape.
4. Place the folded décor piece in a jar or cylinder to hold the shape until it has crystallized.
5. Gently remove the plastic, and place the finished piece on your dessert.