You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Rethinking Ingredients & Pastry Trends
Chef Tibbetts will teach you how to re-think pastry concepts with dietary restrictions in mind, and how to use alternative flours and accessible vegan substitutions in your desserts.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CLASS
- Understand the impact of allergies and special diets in the US and discuss the theory regarding alternative ingredients
- Discover the different allergen ingredients that need to be replaced and their alternatives
- Understand how to work with vegan and gluten free ingredients such as aquafaba, almond flour, coconut milk, flax seeds and more
- Discuss and learn the main substitutions and roles each ingredient plays in your dessert to keep your taste and texture balanced
- Create various types of allergen-free bonbons and desserts
- Desserts created in the class will include dairy-free, gluten-free and in some cases vegan creations
- Deconstruct classic pastry elements to see what substitutions need to be made to comply with special diets
- Discover the role of each ingredient in a dish, and the impact of ingredient substitutions on texture and flavor
Class price includes croissants and coffee in the morning, lunch each day, a class recipe book, apron, travel mug, pen, as well as all materials, ingredients, and equipment needed for class. In response to Covid the class price no longer includes a group dinner or professional photographer, the class price has been lowered to reflect this change.
CONTENT OF THE CLASS
Food allergies and special diets have become a big focus in the food industry. Accommodating guests with dietary constraints and food allergies such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan can be complicated, but essential. In this innovative class, after 4+ years of R&D on this topic, we break down pastry techniques, trends and recipes to help you adapt to your customers' needs.
Along with the hands-on portion, you will sit down and discuss the main substitutions for the products that need to be replaced and learn how to rebalance recipes with new innovative ingredients to achieve unmatched taste and texture in your desserts.
Chef Tibbetts will teach you how to re-think pastry concepts with dietary restrictions in mind, and how to use alternative flours and accessible vegan substitutions in your desserts. Not only will these desserts satisfy guests with special diets, they will appeal to all customers.
If you cancel 45 days or more prior to the first day of class, you will be completely refunded. If you cancel within 45 days you will receive a 50% refund or 100% class credit to be used within a year of the cancellation date. If you cancel within one week of the class you will receive a 50% class credit to be used within one year of the cancelation date.
We do our best to avoid canceling or rescheduling classes, however, please be aware that classes are subject to change due to conflicts, instructor illness, travel issues, etc. We will contact you immediately in case of any date changes or course cancellations. In the case a class is rescheduled or canceled we offer you the choice of a full refund or a class credit to be used within one year of the cancellation date.
As Valrhona is not responsible for your accommodations we recommend booking refundable forms of transportation and accommodations, so if an unforeseen change occurs you will not be charged.
Our response to Covid
We will be taking every safety precaution and following all local and CDC guidelines as we prepare for and host these classes beginning in April. The health and safety of our community and team is our first priority, and we will be constantly updating our plans and precautions to ensure maximum safety. We have revised our cancellation policy to be more flexible during these uncertain times. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org